Never ending universe. A world of questions. The smoke of my fainting tobacco. The haze of my murmuring thoughts. The ranting of billions of insignificantly purposeful Earthlings. The flame of a dying candle at my table side. The buzzing of cheerful crowds. The rush of the information superhighway. Into my spongy brain. Into my rattling heart. I am the owner of my own discoveries. The creator of my own illusions. Writer of my own fate. Master of my dithering world. Ruler of a rambling blog.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Day# 3 - Week i - 2010

Pirates of Penzance - by W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan

My girlfriend got us some tickets - scratch that. My girlfriend's boss called her a few hours before midnight on New Year's Eve. He - Bob - left a voice message "highly recommending" us Pirates of Penzance. He said that his wife who runs the Cahn Auditorium has put a couple of tickets aside for the last performance of this light opera.

So we woke up early this morning (not eager to see the play but because there was a chopper outside our window lifting some bulky A/C machines from an 18 wheeler all the way to the top of the Hyatt Regency next door - for 3 hours). And then we headed to O'Hare to pick my girlfriend's friend who was supposed to be in Chicago the night before but was delayed in Ohio. An hour later, we were there and all three of us sat through 2 and a half hours through this light comic operetta.

To conclude the evening, deep dish pizza at Bacino's in LP (cheese, spinach, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and black olives = yummmm) and of course, the famous one and only, live band karaoke at Stanley's. A good Sunday with lots of new things or things redone anew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home