Never ending universe. A world of questions. The smoke of my fainting tobacco. The haze of my murmuring thoughts. The ranting of billions of insignificantly purposeful Earthlings. The flame of a dying candle at my table side. The buzzing of cheerful crowds. The rush of the information superhighway. Into my spongy brain. Into my rattling heart. I am the owner of my own discoveries. The creator of my own illusions. Writer of my own fate. Master of my dithering world. Ruler of a rambling blog.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Day# 4 - Week i - 2010

The Modern Wing
An easy one this was: my girlfriend's best friend wanted to go to the Art Institute. I met her after she had been there for a couple of hours and we toured the brand new Modern Wing together. The more I looked at the line-ups of the modern wing, the faster I wanted to go back to the good old original sections of the museum.

There is something about modern that tastes like waste of time and makes me want to freak out and run away. For a long time, I will have a problem accepting that anything on canvas or which as a shape and that sits in an expo is art. I know, i know, la critique est aisee mais l'art est difficile. But there are some blasphemous creations that shouldn't even be looked by art lovers with mile deep peep hole. There.

I think I am falling for this Art Institute the more I spend time there. Especially that I can get a 50% discount for being a student and a resident of Chicago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home