Never ending universe. A world of questions. The smoke of my fainting tobacco. The haze of my murmuring thoughts. The ranting of billions of insignificantly purposeful Earthlings. The flame of a dying candle at my table side. The buzzing of cheerful crowds. The rush of the information superhighway. Into my spongy brain. Into my rattling heart. I am the owner of my own discoveries. The creator of my own illusions. Writer of my own fate. Master of my dithering world. Ruler of a rambling blog.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Day# 5 - Week i - 2010

Donnie Darko [Director's Cut]

4.5 stars over 5.

Yesterday, strolling in front of the Dali's and Magritte's surealists designs of their lives, dreams and obsessions, nightmares, illusions and everything in between, I asked myself what would be the result if one would pursue the creation of such an "absolute reality" perspective in a book or a movie. Sometimes, life will keep something hidden in front of your eyes for so long. Until you are ready to ask the question.


My question came as described above. And the answer came in the form of a movie out of my 150 odd movie list on Netflix. I was watching Donnie Darko. A lot can be said about the movie. But less can be said and more conveyed if you had never - like me - seen this movie.




Watch it when you get the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home