Never ending universe. A world of questions. The smoke of my fainting tobacco. The haze of my murmuring thoughts. The ranting of billions of insignificantly purposeful Earthlings. The flame of a dying candle at my table side. The buzzing of cheerful crowds. The rush of the information superhighway. Into my spongy brain. Into my rattling heart. I am the owner of my own discoveries. The creator of my own illusions. Writer of my own fate. Master of my dithering world. Ruler of a rambling blog.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Day# 7 - Week i - 2010

Blue Gold

I was at home today as it was raining in Paris, Chicago and, sadly, not too warm in Miami. Wondering what to do with my existence, I stumbled over my Netflix's long "Instant Queue". One of the documentaries that I had decided to see was about Blue Gold: sweet water, in layman terms. It was entitled Blue Gold: World Water Wars.

If you think that "An Inconvenient Truth" is maybe scary, this one will seriously make you think and think and think - especially everytime you fill your glass to drink or open the tap to let water run, no matter how noble or superfluous the reason. To all those of you who thought that the Quantum of Solace was just a movie about Bond's vengeful personality and what he could do to an entire population, well think again - and try to see the movie again to remember what the "bad guys" were up to: buying an entire country's water supply. Fact, not fiction, it turns out...

This documentary was not only an eye opener for me, but also a well of ideas for a future project that I am yet to undertake. The pieces are falling together. I can already smell those blue ideas floating around in the back of my writer's mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home